[GPC] [RFC] Note for Leaders: Project Health Benefits - Using the"OWASP" Name

Boberski, Michael [USA] boberski_michael at bah.com
Wed May 20 14:01:31 EDT 2009

I would offer that one potential step would be to get that new project
criteria down to 1 page. Make sure it has pictures, is laser-clear, and
to the point. Consider that every possible contigency and circumstance
does not need to be guarded against for OWASP, this isn't the space
shuttle program. Consider sticking with the known alpha/beta/release
names, it's going to confuse the issue with already-published
docs/tools, this wasn't really broken. I am empathetic to people who
"only" get their projects to beta for instance and who get
stalled/swamped doing other things. The thing is still usable!!! We're
grateful they did what they did!! If they don't want to lead it or work
on it further, arrange for a gracious and amicable handoff, hoping that
they'll come back or start work on another OWASP project. Sorry to be
grumpy. Intended to be constructive.

Mike B.