[GPC] Your project - OWASP Interceptor Project - has been identified as INACTIVE - Action is required!

Brad Causey bradcausey at gmail.com
Tue May 19 13:13:44 EDT 2009

Justin,

I can completely understand about being busy, however, we would like to
clarify a few points.

As you probably know, the "O" in OWASP stands for "open". Our first core
principal is also to be "free and open" (
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_OWASP)
In addition, these two rules apply to our summer of Code Projects:

   - By taking part on OWASP SoC, the participant will authorize OWASP to
   host and advertise without any limitations his participation and all related
   contents including proposal and all deliveries.
   - All tools, documentation, or any other materials whatsoever, created by
   the participants within OWASP SoC context must be released under an Open
   Source Initiative approved license. However, the participant may mirror
   development on her/his personal infrastructure at her/his option.

So I guess thats why your comment...

Anyhow the interceptor project is mine, it’s something i did a while ago i
have the source code (it requires paid binaries) hence why the source isn’t
online.. I was going to use some money from the previous (soc) as you know i
pulled out due to time constraints..

is a bit of a concern. Although its entirely possible I am misunderstanding
your intent. You also mention that you'd be happy to give up the project to
another contributor? Would you be willing to put the project up for adoption
or retire it? Thanks for your help in clarification.

-Brad Causey
Global Projects Committee Member