[GPC] Fwd: OWASP Speakers Project

Seba seba at owasp.org
Tue May 19 02:19:24 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Seba <seba at owasp.org>
Date: Tue, May 19, 2009 at 8:12 AM
Subject: Re: [GPC] OWASP Speakers Project
To: Pravir Chandra <pravir.chandra at gmail.com>
Cc: paulo.coimbra at owasp.org, Martin Knobloch <martin.knobloch at owasp.org>,
Global Projects Committee <global-projects-committee at lists.owasp.org>

Pravir,
We could do that, but they have a different goal.
The speakers project makes available a group of speakers on OWASP projects
available to external and internal OWASP events and conferences.
The main goal is to promote OWASP and OWASP deliverables to groups of people
that don't know them yet.
The Speakers Buro project is providing a single point of contact to support
OWASP speakers and events that are looking for speakers.
The Speakers Buro should also set up and manage a list of speaking
possibilities where OWASP speakers should be proposed (think RSA, JavaOne,
...) with the aid of local chapters to identify these events.
Owasp on the Move can be used to cover travel & lodging costs if required.

The education project creates OWASP educational material, based on existing
material and OWASP projects. Here the goal is to make available the basic
education material (slides, notes, syllabus, labs, ...) for (OWASP) trainers
to create web application security courses.

Seba