[GPC] FW: Your OWASP Project Has Been Identified as INACTIVE - Action Is Required!

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Fri May 8 14:45:32 EDT 2009

I've turned the form back on.

But I think the GPC needs to revisit our strategy in the future.

I don't like this need for chasing down project leaders. One of the
primary reasons for establishing this survey was to identify unhealthy
projects that weren't active or producing.

By chasing down project leaders, we're polluting the responses in our
pool with projects that are probably very inactive. But because we're
trying so hard to chase them down, they're spurred into action to do
the minimum that is required to stay active. I don't think this is the
type of project we want at OWASP - or the behavior we want to
encourage for our project leaders.

We should continue sending out one-time notices to all the inactive
projects as you are doing, but after this round of reminders, we
should just start pruning projects.

-Jason