[GPC] URGENT - RE: OWASP .NET Project - Final push to complete Summer of Code's deliveries.

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Wed May 6 09:57:40 EDT 2009

Hello Mark,

Would you be kind enough to answer my question below posed? Definitely, we
need to push this issue forward and close the .NET project’s SoC 08 cycle.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

Block your agendas for May 11-14 and join us -
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU09> OWASP AppSec Europe 2009

To: paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
deliveries.

Paulo,

I've uploaded my presentation to the OWASP Wiki, and it is available here:

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Image:OWASP_dotNet_2008.pptx

 [pc] I thank you for uploading the presentation – I’ve upload it at your
project’s page/Project main links.

Could you please update your self-assessment
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Project_Information:template_.NET_Project_-_F
inal_Review_-_Self_Evaluation_-_B to match the circumstances of today?

Also, would you mind updating this link
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_.NET_Project_-_Assessment_Frame by
stating which quality level has been reached?

I'm happy to continue contributing to OWASP, specifically OWASP .NET,
regardless of the status of the project in terms of SoC 2008. I'd love the
extra money, but it is not my primary motivation.

[pc] I am glad to hear so. As I said before, I suggest contacting the
reviewers ASAP to ask them to perform their task. If they also state that
only the PowerPoint was missing to reach Quality Status, I will recommend
the project’s payment.

In fact, I was going to request that my compensation for helping on the
Enigform project be used to pay for my membership fee for this year
(anything over the fee can be kept for operations).  Is this acceptable?

[pc] Yes, it’s acceptable for me. I will contact Kate to see if she also
agrees and can handle your request.

Best regards,

Mark

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Paulo Coimbra <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>
wrote:

Dear Mark,

I thank your update regarding the project completion status and your
explanation about the happy reason that has forced you to minimize your time
on the project. I am also very glad to hear that you still like to
contribute, to retain the position as project lead and would like push
forward and continue to work with OWASP – we are definitely counting on it!
As you know OWASP depends entirely on contributions like yours.

Having said all the above, in operational terms, the.NET project hasn’t
reached its SoC’s target, Release Quality Status, within the given reviewed
deadline, 16th of March.

However, having into account what you have stated in your self-assessment,
we are just missing the Powerpoint, I propose finishing it up as soon as
possible and contacting the reviewers to ask them to perform their task. If
they also state that just the PowerPoint is missing, I will recommend the
project’s payment. However, please pay attention that decision is not mine
and the OWASP Board and the Project’s committee may think differently and so
I am carbon copying them to check out their position. I believe we can
assume their hypothetical absence of response as agreement.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

OWASP Project <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>  Manager

Cc: global_tools_and_project_committee at lists.owasp.org

deliveries.

Hey Paulo,

I’m doing well,  rebounding from a flood of work in my day job.  I’ll be
able to resume work on the project and have it completed before March 9th.
Eoin, Dennis and Dinis, can review the content that week, if it works for
them.

Let me know,

Mark