[Esapi-user] [Esapi-dev] Canonicalization and ESAPI's Input Validation Layer

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Fri Aug 29 20:49:51 UTC 2014

Or even better, if encoded data is detected, even if things like %80 get
rejected, I prefer to reject right then and there. Pretty sure we
Cannonicalize before we validate though, what code are you looking at?

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Aug 29, 2014, at 6:26 AM, Matt Seil <mseil at acm.org> wrote:

In the context of your question Jim, I think it makes more sense to
canonicalize BEFORE you validate--not the other way around.  I noticed too,
that all the "getValidInput" methods call Encoder.canonicalize() *after*
validation and meant to ask why we would want that approach.

--
Matt Seil
Software Engineer