[Esapi-user] OT: Questions/Comments on "OWASP Connector" and "Marketing Collateral"

Owasp eoin.keary at owasp.org
Fri Aug 2 20:03:36 UTC 2013

> Hi, re the question below

> "(7) What is being planned to better support projects during growth?
>
>  - Last month (July 16), the OWASP Connector listed projects with broken
>    home pages and no deliverables.
>    *https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Windows_Binary_Executable_Files_Security_Checks_Project
>    *https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Wordpress_Security_Checklist_Project
>  - This month (August 1) OWASP Connector has another broken project
> and homepage
>    * https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Security_Principles_Project
>  - What's the point of highlighting broken projects with broken home pages?
>  - Where is the support (for example, documents and technical writers)
>    to help produce quality deliverables?"

I could not agree more. It appears the connector highlights random projects. What would be more effective is an interview with the project leaders.
Again,  projects without specifies criterion; plan, objective, deliverables, milestones should not be called OWASP projects. Ideas without action shall only remain ideas.

Eoin Keary
Owasp Global Board
+353 87 977 2988