[Esapi-user] Problems with esapi

Jörg Liedl joerg.liedl at student.htw-berlin.de
Tue Mar 6 07:36:49 UTC 2012

Okay, thanks to some guy on stack overflow the problem is solved....
my problem was that the log4j was twice in the classpath so there was
some probleme with that...

so the correct pom.xml looks now like this:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.owasp.esapi</groupId>
<artifactId>esapi</artifactId>
<version>2.0.1</version>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId>log4j</groupId>
<artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>

and: the TestController.java was a bad example... not working because it
needed some SwingSet Stuff....

but if i use in the Testcontroller something like:

     public String esapiTest(){
             String clean = ESAPI.encoder().canonicalize("someString");
             Randomizer r=ESAPI.randomizer();
             System.out.println("R: "+ r);
             System.out.println("CLEAN: "+clean);
             return "r was: "+ r + " and is in clean "+clean;
     }

It works perfekt!

I hope this will help somebody else too!

Jörg

--
Jörg Liedl

Mobile:  +49 (0) 176 77 640 540