[Esapi-user] How to define "Context" in theESAPI.validator().getValidInput

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at aspectsecurity.com
Fri May 20 10:34:43 EDT 2011

Hi Jim,

The "context" is used in validation log messages and is intended to remind you where the data came from.  One common use is to put the name of the HTTP parameter/header/cookie that the data came from.  But you can create your own system.  Give it a try with various values and then check the log to see if the messages there will help you figure out exactly where the problem is when the application is operational.

Good luck,

--Jeff