[Esapi-user] WAF

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Wed Mar 9 18:03:04 EST 2011

Jim,

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:
> I agree 100% that the ESAPI WAF should be split out into its own
> project. Arshan (the original author) asked for this in the first place!
>
> How about we start a new project: owasp-java-waf to work on this code
> standalone?
>
> Arshan, are you ok with this sir?

The proposed transitional roadmap would be:
1. Import the current Java WAF code from the current ESAPI RC into a
separate (i.e. new) SVN repository.
2. Remove the Java WAF code from the next release of ESAPI RC and
update the changelog referencing the new repository.
3. Mark the outstanding issues regarding WAF on the ESAPI Java as
closed but assigned to the new repository.

I haven't heard from Arshan yet - would it be possible to simply give
him commit access to the new repository if we don't receive a
response?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich