[Esapi-user] [Esapi-dev] ESAPI 2.0.1 Released

Dave Wolf dave.wolf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:14:12 EDT 2011

Hi,

FYI, I'm not finding 2.0.1 on Maven Central. The most current release that
shows up is 2.0GA. I'm searching using:
g:"org.owasp.esapi" AND a:"esapi" AND v:"2.0.1"

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

Dave Wolf

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 08:01:35 -0400
From: "Kevin W. Wall" <kevin.w.wall at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Esapi-dev] ESAPI 2.0.1 Released
To: Chris Schmidt <chris.schmidt at owasp.org>
Cc: ESAPI Devs <esapi-dev at lists.owasp.org>,
       "Esapi-user at lists.owasp.org" <Esapi-user at lists.owasp.org>

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 4:44 AM, Chris Schmidt <chris.schmidt at owasp.org>
wrote:
> Due to popular demand ESAPI 2.0.1 has been released with some minor (but
> important) bug fixes. The changelist is below.
> [snip]
> Change log from 2.0.GA <http://2.0.ga/> to 2.0.1
>
> 2011-07-25 00:01:38     chrisisbeef     /trunk/pom.xml v 1858
>
> Removed version from project name... Fixes Issue #235
> 2011-07-24 23:56:06     chrisisbeef
> /trunk/configuration/esapi/
ESAPI.properties v 1857
> /trunk/src/test/java/org/owasp/esapi/reference/ValidatorTest.java v 1857
>
> Resolves issue #46 - allow context path to have leading slash or be empty
> 2011-07-23 14:36:17     chrisisbeef

/trunk/src/main/java/org/owasp/esapi/reference/DefaultSecurityConfiguration.java
> v 1856
>
> Get rid of really irritating stacktrace everytime esapi loads.
>
> fixes issue #220
> 2011-07-23 14:25:45     chrisisbeef
> /trunk/src/main/java/org/owasp/esapi/reference/DefaultValidator.java v
1855

> Resolve issue 232 Validation Type Error
> 2011-07-23 14:17:34     chrisisbeef
> /trunk/src/main/java/org/owasp/esapi/reference/DefaultEncoder.java v 1854
>
> Fix issue 231 inverted logic error with canonicalization.

Chris,

Well, let me be amongst the first to publically congratulate you for pushing
out these fixes, and especially issue #46, which I pretty much dropped the
ball on.

Thanks for your hard work. The whole ESAPI community owes you a beer!
Great job.

-kevin
--
We *cause* accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein

Dave Wolf

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that
is less than the one you are capable of living." --Nelson Mandela