[Esapi-user] [Esapi-dev] ESAPI Question

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:22:23 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Yan Yan Wang
<yan.y.wang.r7lv at statefarm.com> wrote:

> We encountered “org.owasp.esapi.errors.ConfigurationException” during unit
> testing. The JUnit test isn't running in-container as ESAPI is. We could
> implement a mock object, but the tests can't verify that ESAPI is returning
> the correct value since it has to run in container. Does anyone have good
> suggestions for the problem?

Can you provide more details (maybe show or attach an exeception stack trace
plus any relevant log messages, etc.), *including* details on how you ran the
JUnit tests (e.g., from Eclipse, from Maven, etc.)  I have run the JUnit tests
on Linux before from both Maven and Eclipse without any problems. I don't
think anyone runs them by default "in-container" as you put it. So whatever
you have encountered, it is something unusual.

BTW, there is one known problem...if you install ESAPI along a path
where one of the directories has a space in it. In that case, I think all
the JUnit tests fail.

-kevin
--
We *cause* accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein