[Esapi-user] [Esapi-dev] ESAPI 1.4

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:04:46 EST 2011

On 02/03/2011 10:47 AM, Chris Schmidt wrote:
> I have, and will continue to support the EoL idea for ESAPI 1.4
>

> On 2/3/11 8:46 AM, "Jeff Williams" <jeff.williams at owasp.org> wrote:
>
>> That sounds more right to me.  It's like when Sun EOL's a release of Java.

+1 from me.  But we *do* need to state this policy up front in regards to
when EOL will be, at least starting with ESAPI 2.0, agreed? I am thinking
of something simple like "we will continue to support ESAPI 2.0 with bug
fixes for up to 6 months after the next major or major point release
(e.g., 3.0 or 2.1) of ESAPI". Or something like that. YMMV and you may
wish to make it more than 6 months.  I'm sure that Jeff, being an attorney,
can come up with something that will protect our backside and that no
one except possibly another attorney could possibly understand. ;-)

-kevin
--
Kevin W. Wall
We cause accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein, co-creator of MIME