[Esapi-user] [Esapi-dev] ESAPI.properties Logger.LogFileName=...

Chris chris.dickinson at web.de
Wed Apr 20 14:36:49 EDT 2011

I realized shortly after sending my last mail that it was sent
prematurely. Sent at the end of a long, tiring and frustrating day. Sorry.

    * ESAPI.properties is of course under configuration/esapi/ in the
      rc11. Sorry about that "pps".
    * I failed to mention that I was trying to get Logging working via
      the reference implementations, not trying to write my own quite yet.
    * (Default)SecurityConfiguration.getLogFileName(): This is the only
      place where I see the "Logger.LogFileName" variable from
      ESAPI.properties being used. However, at least in rc4 I am unable
      to find a single call of this method. So in essence my question
      is: where does ESAPI intend for me to be calling this method if
      I'm using log4j (or any other Logger)? How do I (use this method
      to) tell log4j where the log file is?

Probably I'm missing something really basic. Any help would be much
appreciated.