[Esapi-user] Globalization Support

Chris Schmidt chris.schmidt at owasp.org
Thu Apr 14 11:33:51 EDT 2011

You will need to add or modify validation regexes in both ESAPI.properties
and validation.properties as necessary to support localization. There is
nothing to stop this from being doable. Please realize that it is necessary
to modify the supplied (default) ESAPI.properties anyhow to add your Master
encryption key and salt.

On 4/14/11 9:18 AM, "Damien Mcgrath" <damien.mcgrath at ie.ibm.com> wrote:

> Is there anything currently in place to handle different locales using the
> ESAPI filter? The product we wish to integrate the filter into can be run
> in multiple locales, not just en. Will this create a problem with the
> default regex statements that come in ESAPI.properties?
>

> Regards,
> Damien
>
> Damien McGrath | IBM-Tivoli Netcool Wireless Products Engineering |
> Damien.McGrath at ie.ibm.com | www.ibm.com/ie
>
> IBM Ireland Product Distribution Limited registered in Ireland with number
> 92815.
> Registered office: Oldbrook House, 24-32 Pembroke Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin
> 4

Chris Schmidt
ESAPI Project Manager (http://www.esapi.org)
ESAPI4JS Project Owner (http://bit.ly/9hRTLH)