[Esapi-user] Differences between ESAPI 2.0_rc11and rc10

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:00:13 EDT 2011

On 04/07/2011 06:45 AM, Irial Conroy wrote:
> Thanks Kevin,
>
> However, in order to use rc11 I need to go through a formal approval
> process
> So I need the full list of changes.

Understood. See below to see if this helps. If not, email me off list.

> If they are not currently listed womehere I'm presuming I may have to step
> through the following:
> http://code.google.com/p/owasp-esapi-java/source/list
> ..but I'd prefer not to have to!

Hmmm... usually Jim or Chris at a CHANGELOG to the zip distribution
file, but I see it's not there this time.

If you have Subversion installed on one of your systems where you
can access it from the *nix shell, you can get a crude CHANGELOG
like this:

		# Date 2,0rc10 was released
	startDate=2010-10-18
		# Date 2.0rc11 was released
	endDate=2011-03-27
	svn log -v -r{"${startDate} 00:00:00"}:{"${endDate} 00:00:00"} \
		http://owasp-esapi-java.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

The formatting is a bit crude, but that will show you all commits
betw rc10 and rc11, including the commit comments. (Irial: Note, if you don't
have a place where you can access SVN from the command line, let me know
off-list and I'll run it for you and send it to you in a private email.)

Jim, Chris: Should we perhaps just upload a crude CHANGELOG and call it
	something like esapi-2.0_rc11.CHANGELOG.txt, or is the change log
	in one of the other distro files that I didn't look in, such as the
	esapi-2.0_rc11-config.zip file???  IMO, we really should be doing this
	AND "release notes" which summarizes the major changes.

HTH,
-kevin
--
Kevin W. Wall
We cause accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein, co-creator of MIME