[Esapi-user] [OWASP-ESAPI] Any codec for Sybase?

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 15:29:32 EDT 2010

[Note: Redirected to ESAPI-Develoers and ESAPI-Users lists and
removed the obsolete owasp-esapi list. Isn't there a way to
make emails to owasp-esapi list bounce? Why hasn't this been
done? Please follow up on ESAPI-Develoers and ESAPI-Users lists.]

Chris Schmidt wrote:
> I just want to clarify the use-case for the database encoders.
> ...<snip>...
>
> That being said, it seems like this is a good candidate for a collection of
> contribs - with Encoding potentially becoming part of the core API
> functionality, it would be great to allow additional Encoders to be loaded
> into the API *easily*

I just want add / note that there's been discussion that at sometime in the
not too distant future we will likely both sign and seal the ESAPI jar(s).
Therefore, if these contributed Encoders are to end up in an "contrib" jar,
I would strongly advise steering clear of packages named "org.owasp.esapi".

-kevin
--
Kevin W. Wall
We cause accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein, co-creator of MIME