[Esapi-user] what is the decoder corresponding to encodeForHTML

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Sep 6 15:10:43 EDT 2010

The Encoder.canonicalize() method is a generalized decoding routine for all
of the encoding formats.  You can create an Encoder with whatever set of
Codec's that you want to handle multiple (and nested) encoding schemes. If
all you want to do is decode HTML, then just use the HTMLEntityCodec.

Wait.... before you do all that, *why* are you decoding HTML entities?
Generally that's a bad idea (outside the standard canonicalization context).

Thanks!

--Jeff