[Esapi-user] [OWASP-ESAPI] Issues with Encryption api..

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 17:14:42 EDT 2010

On 10/24/2010 03:32 PM, Nishi Kumar wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was trying to use encryption API's from ESAPI-2.0-rc7 and I was getting exception in DefaultSecurityConfiguration.java class in this line.
>
> public static final String DEFAULT_ENCRYPTION_IMPLEMENTATION = "org.owasp.esapi.reference.JavaEncryptor";
>
> It seems JavaEncryptor now exists in crypto package. Documentation also had the similar reference.

Yep. You're absolutely right. That one was overlooked, as was the javadoc
reference in SecurityProviderLoader.

The only other documentation reference that I found where the package name was
still org.owasp.esapi.reference was in esapi4java-core-2.0-install.doc. Is
that the documentation that you were referring to where it was wrong?

I have just committed these changes so they will be available in the next
ESAPI 2.0 release, or from SVN, if you build from there.

Jim: Did you want a Google issue created for this as well, or is it sufficient
     to just fix it like I did? (Just being lazy!)

Thanks,
-kevin
--
Kevin W. Wall
We cause accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein, co-creator of MIME