[Esapi-user] Call To Arms - Documentation

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 11:53:58 EST 2010

On 11/22/2010 11:14 AM, Chris Schmidt wrote:
> Community -
>
> With the impending release of 2.0GA ­ we need to shift some focus towards
> getting relevant, up-to-date documentation added to the OWASP Wiki regarding
> installation, configuration, and use of the ESAPI Libraries. While there is
> a great deal of information already available on the wiki ­ there is a great
> deal more that needs to be documented as well.

Chris, so what do we do with all the documentation under the 'documentation'
directory? Do we xlate that to Wiki format? Or is it sufficient to just
reference this documentation (from Google Code URLs) via the Wiki?

> Dave Wichers ­ long time supported and contributer to the ESAPI Project (one
> of the wizards behind the curtain if you will) has graciously offered to
> spearhead this effort and roadmap the documentation sprint leading up to the
> GA release.

Dave... thanks for stepping up and volunteering to do this. It will really
help.

> If you have some spare cycles and can contribute anything from a few minutes
> to a few hours contributing your collective knowledge and experience to
> using and integrating ESAPI ­ I am sure that the world and future ESAPI
> users would be forever indebted to your sacrifice. :)

Just an FYI... I am finishing up the design doc on ESAPI 2.0 crypto. I'm
sure that such a document isn't going to be useful for most, but it will
also provide a bit of a road map of where I intend to go in 2.1 and 3.0
that some might find interesting. I've already completed a user guide for
this, so not sure how much more is needed in the area of ESAPI crypto
documentation.

-kevin
--
Kevin W. Wall
We cause accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein, co-creator of MIME