[Esapi-user] Database-based Authentication

Chris Schmidt chrisisbeef at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 09:14:29 EDT 2010

Hi Owen,

First off, this is absolutely the right place to ask these types of
questions.

Now, to answer, you will need to adapt your own class and use the file
based authenticator as a 'template' for doing so. Your adapter will
need to implement the Authenticator interface that is within ESAPI. If
your authenticator needs to maintain any state you will need to make
it a singleton. Once you have written your adapter, all you need to do
is modify the ESAPI.properties file and change the authenticator class
to the FQN of your adapter.

If you have any specific questions while implementing your ESAPI, feel
free to ask here and we will help you.

Thanks,
Chris

Sent from my iPwn