[Esapi-user] store encyrptor.masterkey encrypted

Yi Li yi.li26 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 20:57:39 EST 2010

Kevin, chris:
  thanks for the great reply. I am using ESAPI 2.0.
  If I fetch the master key from a database, then the application would need
to be able to connect to a database, which would require a login password.
  it seems that I have to store the username/password to the database in a
clear text conf file so that the application could load and connect to
database?
  it seems to introduce another weakness.
  this is a question on how we could use ESAPI and in the mean time have a
secure key management.
  it would be great if you could share your insight.
  thanks.