[Esapi-user] Exploring ESAPI identity management

Boberski, Michael [USA] boberski_michael at bah.com
Wed Jan 20 15:34:18 EST 2010

Got it, that "ESAPI was designed [specifically] to help out with username/password authentication  since that was like 90% of the market", that was something that I did not know, I thought it was intended to be more generic.

Ok, so for example, developing LDAP reference code, simple cert-auth based reference code, those kinds of things the current ESAPI user authentication code can handle OK.

But, for other technologies (identity 2.0, SSO, or otherwise), some rethink may ("may", i.e., not for certain, simply based on this thread) be needed.

Thanks for your guys' help. These are questions I think I'm not alone in having.

Thanks,

Mike B.