[Esapi-user] ESAPI Swingset

Johan Lim johanlim76 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:26:49 EST 2010

Hi Jim,

I resolved the issue in the SwingSet Sample WebApp. The changes in the
ESAPI.properties files that can be found in
"..\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\resources" and in "ROOT\WEB-INF\classes" are not
loaded even though the WebApp was reloaded.
To add the new regex, I need to actually extract the contents of
"ESAPI-2.0.jar" and update the file "validation.properties" in the ".esapi"
folder. Once the changes is added, I re-arhive all the contents again.
Question:
1) Which properties file does ESAPI use? Is the validation.properties or
ESAPI.properties files?
2) Is there a way we can extend the .properties file without having to
manually extract the contents in the jar file?

Thanks.