[Esapi-user] can't download source code through SVN

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 23:28:57 EST 2010

Chen, Sammi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I failed to download ESAPI using "http://owasp-esapi-java.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/"
> through svn with Eclipse. Here is the error message
>
> RA layer request failed
> svn: OPTIONS of 'http://owasp-esapi-java.googlecode.com/svn/trunk': could not connect to server (http://owasp-esapi-java.googlecode.com)
>
> But I can visit this web through IE. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Sammi,

All I can say is try it again. I get a similar error from Eclipse every so often
and if I try it again 30 seconds later, it usually works.

If it persists for a substantial period, then fire off an email to Jim Manico,
<jim.manico at owasp.org>.

BTW, Jim said something about building a new ESAPI 2.0 release candidate
tonight so that might be the problem as well. He may have the SVN repository
temporarily locked or something.

-kevin
--
Kevin W. Wall
We cause accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein, co-creator of MIME