[Esapi-user] [Esapi-dev] AppSecUS

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Aug 31 06:42:41 EDT 2010

I'll be at AppSec Irvine... :)

-----Original Message-----
From: esapi-dev-bounces at lists.owasp.org
[mailto:esapi-dev-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Chris Schmidt
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 10:48 AM
To: 'ESAPI-Developers'; esapi-user at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [Esapi-dev] AppSecUS

As I have mentioned before - I am presenting on ESAPI and how to solve
*REAL* issues using it at AppSecUS, this talk went over very well at
FROC in Denver, and I am sure that with a bigger audience it will be
even better at AppSec.

While I am at AppSec, I would like to reach out to the community and see
who else will be there for the event, and if you would be interested in
having a ESAPI4JS thinktank session. I know there are a lot of really
great ideas out there, and I have gotten a *TON* of great feedback about
the project, as well as some constructive criticism on where the code is
at now. I agree with both sides and ultimately I aim to make this a very
useful project/port - I think the need for this type of control is
needed badly in the Rich UI world.

Basically, what I am thinking is taking over a small corner of the hotel
bar/resteraunt (or someplace nearby) for a 1-2 hour brainstorming
session for where ESAPI4JS should go and what the greater plan for the
project should be.

If you will be there and are interested in participating, shoot me a
note and I will get together a list and shoot out invites. This will be
an open-forum type thing, so if you know someone going who is not on
this list and may be interested in participating feel free to forward
on. I will likely also mention this in my talk.