[Esapi-user] Issues with Logging in ESAPI

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 22:17:42 EDT 2010

Jim Manico wrote:
> Can you try a relative path, and let me know of that works?  Try this below
> and let me know where
>

> ESAPI_logging_file.log lands.

Also, what do you have		ESAPI.Logger	set to?
org.owasp.esapi.reference.Log4JLogFactory	or
org.owasp.esapi.reference.JavaLogFactory	or

your own logging factory class?

If you have 'ESAPI.Logger' set to Log4JLogFactory, do you have a
log4j.xml or log4j.properties that is being used? (Normally, under
your 'resources' directory.) If so, what are it's contents? (Just wondering
if a log4j appender specified in a log4j.xml might be overriding the
Logger.LogFileName setting or perhaps you are still using a log4j
ConsoleAppender and logging to System.out (i.e., stdout) or
System.err (i.e., stderr)??? [You might not notice that as output
from Tomcat could be going to your catalina.out log file, which is
where stdout and stderr from Tomcat is redirected to.)

-kevin
--
Kevin W. Wall
We cause accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein, co-creator of MIME