[Esapi-dev] No more normalize

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sun Jan 17 19:19:04 EST 2010

Alan,

I agree with this in principle and commit to NOT doing this in the future.

Normalize was actually broken all along in this branch - and I want to
force folks hand to stop using it. It's also a solution begging for a
problem that does not exist.

I agree this is an aggressive stance, and I'm mostly asking for
forgiveness - not permission. ;)

We are also very responsive on the support side of the house - and if
anyone runs into this problem for either branch (I'm about to cut-it-out
for ESAPI 2.0 as well) we will be sure to respond quickly.

And we are reaching a significant level of maturity with the next few
releases. I re-iterate that we will never do this again.

Hopefully, you an the user community will forgive us. :)

Regards,
- Jim

--
Jim Manico