[Committees-chairs] OWASP LatAm Tour

Fabio Cerullo fcerullo at owasp.org
Wed Jun 1 07:12:37 EDT 2011

Perfect Carlos. That brings Chile onboard as well to do this Latam Tour.

Regarding your questions:

- local chapter requisites: find a place to carry out the OWASP training day
and avail some funds (if available) to cover travel/accommodation expenses.
If the chapter doesn't have funds, then these will come from a mix of Owasp
on the Move, and some Global committees funding.

- Minimum expectations: honestly there shouldn't be any. The main goal here
is increase OWASP membership levels, raise awareness about our organization
to different bodies (attendees, private sector, government, universities)
and promote the OWASP AppSec Latam Conference happening later in October.

- Amount of participants: this will depend on how you promote the event in
local communities. Eg: London we had around 50 attendees who were OWASP paid
members (50 usd) just to participate in the event. Greece also was very
successful having more than 15 new membership registrations only to attend.
On top of that, I have the idea to raffle a ticket to AppSec Latam for each
country I visit making it even more "interesting" for participants to sign
up as OWASP Members. This obviously has to be approved by the OWASP AppSec
Latam Conference team.

- Duration: As detailed in my mail below, this could be flexible based on
the proposed agenda.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thank you,

Fabio Cerullo