[AsiaPAC] Your input on OWASP membership would be appreciated - Please reply by March 15.

Zaki Akhmad za at owasp.org
Wed Mar 9 06:15:10 EST 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Helen Gao <wengaous at gmail.com> wrote:

Inline reply

Dear APAC leaders,

> The Global Membership Committee will meet soon.  One of the main issues to
> be discussed in the meeting is how to reach out to people in developing
> countries in APAC.  Here are several ideas I would like you to consider:
>
>    - Currently the OWASP membership is $50 worldwide.  If it's changed to
>    three levels, $20, $30, $50, do you think that will help increasing
>    membership in your country?  Which level will you be most comfortable
>    with?
>
> I won't talk on number first. But maybe the cheaper membership fee the
lower entry level. Helen, what's the purpose of getting more paid member? I
still thinking on how to get more people to get involved or giving
contribution in any kind of OWASP project.

>    - Currently the OWASP corporate membership is $5,000 worldwide.  Do you
>    think it should also depend on the GDP of your country?  If yes then
>    what should the levels be?

No comment on this issue.

>    -
>    - The easiest way for people to donate in the United States is by
>    clicking on the Donate button on many OWASP web pages.  Does this
>    payment method work for people in your country?  Do most people use
>    credit card and/or PayPal?  To find out how the Donate button work just
>    go to your chapter page and click on it.  You will not get charged just
>    by testing it.  Example:
>
> funds to OWASP earmarked for China-Mainland.
>

> Most donors click on the Donate button on the page of their chapters and
> favorite projects.  That way their chapters/projects automatically get 40%
> of the donation.

Hmm... I knew paypal but I don't familiar with it. Usually in Indonesia, we
still do bank transfer on electronic transaction. I will try it soon.

--
za