[AsiaPAC] Membership update and correction

Cecil Su cecil.su at owasp.org
Mon Mar 7 08:40:39 EST 2011

Dear Helen, Onn Chee,

Yes, the perceived value to potential members is very important, given at
least in this part of the world.

Offering subsidised and discounted, if not complimentary events (where
possible), would be a big boost and attraction to obtain buy-in from the
potentials.

The other way is to gradually drive visibility in the local landscape by
offering services or acting as supporting organisations to put OWASP in the
local scene - this can be achieved by either working closely with the
academic insitutions or local infocomm government bodies to promote good and
secure coding practices, methodologies and framework - much like what some
of our regional counterparts are now doing in Malaysia and Indonesia.

In Singapore, we hope to drive membership numbers up by leveraging on the
contents and promoting the proper use of these materials within the
masses. Hopefully we are slowly getting buy-ins from academia and eventually
the local industry.

Kind regards,
/cecil
OWASP Global Education Board