[AsiaPAC] Membership update and correction

Wong Onn Chee ocwong at owasp.org
Mon Mar 7 08:14:30 EST 2011

Hi Helen,

There should be 1 more member for OWASP Singapore, as one just signed up
today.

Hi folks,

Will like to share with you a strategy I am adopting here in Singapore.

As AppSec is not held regularly in Asia, Asian members may not see the
"worth" or "ROI" of their OWASP membership.

So in Singapore, we offer our support for reputable infosecurity
conferences in return for free and discounted passes for our registered
members.
As the cost of such conference passes is usually more than US$50, our
members immediately realise the ROI of their OWASP membership.

With this strategy, I have gotten 3 new members in the first 3 months of
this year.

My aim is for the paid membership count in Singapore to double to 12 by
end of this year.

Cheers!

Regards
Wong Onn Chee