[AppSec Asia 2011] AppSec Asia 2011 -action items

Helen Gao wengaous at gmail.com
Mon May 30 02:40:06 EDT 2011


Hi. All.

Ivy just reminded me that I've forgotten to attach the spreadsheet.
I'm on the road now.  Will send it to you as soon as I get back to my
office on Tuesday.  This is a holiday long weekend.

On 5/27/11, Helen Gao <wengaous at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to Ivy for the draft.  I've added Jack's speakers/trainers progress
> report as a separate sheet.  I also added status report.  Please see
> attached.  I turned Mark Changes on so Ivy can spot the modifications
> easily.
>
> This is the one and only progress report and tracking spreadsheet.  I
> believe Ivy will continue to be the main author.  If you need to modify the
> document, please either email Ivy or mark your changes on the spreadsheet.
>
> Thank you very much for your corporation.
>
>
> 2011/5/26 Ivy <ivy at owasp.org.cn>
>
>> Dear All,
>> Please check the draft action items. please give me your advices if there
>> needs to be changed.
>> The conference date has been confirmed: Nov 8 -Nov 11.  So The revised
>> conference logo will be sent to you later, as well as to Kate with the
>> correct pixels.
>> Thank you!
>>
>>  ------------------
>>  Ivy Zhang
>> OWASP China
>> 86-755-88877909
>>
>>
>>
>>  ------------------ Original ------------------
>>  *From: * "ö© ¸ß"<wengaous at gmail.com>;
>> *Date: * Mon, May 23, 2011 09:46 PM
>> *To: * "AppSec Asia 2011 Mailing List"<appsecapac2011 at list.owasp.org>;
>> "Frank Fan ·¶Ô¨"<frank.fan at dbappsecurity.com.cn>; "Ivy Zhang ÕÅƽ"<
>> ivy at owasp.org.cn>; "Jianchun Jiang ½¯½¨´º"<nsace2009 at gmail.com>; "Jie Wang
>> Íõò¡"<wangjie8578 at yahoo.com.cn>; "OOWASP OWASP Foundation Inc."<
>> helen.gao at owasp.org>; "Rip Torn ÍòÕñ "<rip at owasp.org>; "RipTorn ÍòÕñ "<
>> rip at owasp.org.cn>; "Zhendong Yu ÓÚÕñ¶«"<ggfish at gmail.com>;
>>  *Subject: * AppSec Asia 2011 - Progress report and action items this
>> week
>>
>>
>> Hi, all.
>>
>>
>>
>> I discussed with Rip some details of the conference during the weekend.
>> Below
>> is a progress report.  We agreed that Ivy will create a list of action
>> items.  The list below is just a start.  I am sure Ivy will improve it.
>> I
>> listed one name for each item, the name of person who is most familiar
>> with
>> the subject.  This way we know whom to go to if there is a question or an
>> issue.  If you want to be responsible for certain items then please step
>> forward.  If your name is not on the list yet, it doesn¡¯t mean you have
>> not contributed or your help is not needed.   The support of everybody of
>> this committee is counted on.   Please review the list and let me know if
>> there is any discrepancy.
>>
>>
>>
>> Progress last week:
>>
>> 1.       Corporate sponsorship document ¨C Finished the document (Helen,
>> Ivy, Rip)
>>
>> 2.       Corporate sponsorship - Started working with Lorna and Sarah on
>> recruiting sponsors.  (Helen)
>>
>> 3.       Website ¨C Finished English webpages for call for sponsors, call
>> for paper and trainers.  Registration webpage will be finished soon.
>> (Helen,
>> Jack, Zhendong)
>>
>> 4.       VIPs - OWASP board member Seba and GCC member Lucas agreed to
>> come to the conference.  Their travel expenses will be covered by the
>> foundation.  (Helen)
>>
>> 5.       Keynote speakers ¨C Dr. Wang Chenxi tentatively agreed to come.
>> (Helen)
>>
>>
>>
>> Action items for this week, May 23 ¨C 28:
>>
>> 1.       Date - Finalized conference date, location and agenda outline by
>> Tuesday.  This is most urgent because many things are on hold.   Update
>> agenda and banner if needed  (Rip)
>>
>> 2.       Announce conference to the Chinese community  (Rip)
>>
>> 3.       Announce conference to the non-Chinese community  (Helen)
>>
>> 4.       Invite Asia Pacific chapter leaders  (Helen)
>>
>> 5.       Speakers and trainers
>>
>> ¡¤         Decide on the number of keynote speakers, speakers and trainers
>> (Chinese and non-Chinese) (Rip)
>>
>> ¡¤         Invite speakers and trainers.  (China ¨C Rip.  Non-Chinese -
>> Jack)
>>
>> 6.       Decide on whether English translation will be provided  (Helen,
>> Rip)
>>
>> 7.       Website
>>
>> ¡¤         English
>>
>>                                                                i.
>> Welcome
>> tab.  (Helen)
>>
>>                                                              ii.
>> Link
>> to Chinese website tab.  (Zhendong)
>>
>>                                                             iii.
>> Registration
>> tab  (Zhendong)
>>
>>                                                            iv.      CFP
>> and CFT  (Jack)
>>
>>                                                              v.
>> Keynote
>> (to be created), Agenda, Expense and Logistics tabs.  (Jie)
>>
>>                                                            vi.
>> Sponsors
>> tab  (Helen)
>>
>>                                                           vii.      Team
>> tab  (Helen)
>>
>> ¡¤         Chinese
>>
>>                                                                i.
>> Use
>> RegOnline (or alternative) for Chines registration.  (Rip)
>>
>>                                                              ii.
>> OWASP
>> 2011ÑÇÌ«·å»á
>> <http://www.owasp.org.cn/owasp5cf04f1a/owasp20114e2d56fd5cf04f1a>(Rip)
>>
>> 8.       Design a one-page flyer to be distributed in AppSec EU and
>> AppSec
>> USA  (Rip)
>>
>>
>>
>> Open issues:
>>
>> 1.       OWASP foundation, GCC and some of the organizers have raised the
>> concern of the situation when we don¡¯t charge admission fee and the even
>> suffers a financial lost.  Similar concern was raised among the OWASP
>> community last year when we didn¡¯t charge fee and also provided free
>> lunches
>> to all attendees.  In the history of OWASP, most AppSec events are
>> profitable.  Almost all events charge admission fee.  Trainer class
>> tuition is extra.  Cost cutting suggestions:
>>
>> a.       Use university and government facilities because they usually
>> cost less
>>
>> b.      Provide free or discounted admission for OWASP members only.
>> Membership
>> fee is $20 (to be finalized by GMC)
>>
>> c.       Charge a fee for training
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Helen Gao
>


-- 
Helen Gao


More information about the Appsecapac2011 mailing list