[AppSec Asia 2011] AppSec Asia 2011 - Please reply with your status by the end of this week

Helen Gao helen.gao at owasp.org
Fri May 27 09:47:55 EDT 2011


Same as last email.  Resend to mailing list for achieving only.

2011/5/27 Helen Gao <helen.gao at owasp.org>

> Hi, all.
>
>
> Below are the new and final conference date.  Please note that training is
> post-conference.  Please update the webpages and material accordingly.
>
>
> Tue, November 8, 2011 -  conference. Exhibition.
> Wed, November 9, 2011 - conference. Exhibition
> Thu, November 10, 2011 - training
> Fri, November 11, 2011 - training .
>
>
> I sent you the action items of this week.  I would really appreciate it if
> you could give me feedback on your action items.  Please review
>
>
> Thanks to Ivy for the division of duties spreadsheet.  I will give add my
> action items so you only need to worry about one list.  I just got back from
> Jury duty.
>
>
> Action items for this week, May 23 ¨C 28:
>
> 1.       Date - Finalized conference date, location and agenda outline by
> Tuesday.  This is most urgent because many things are on hold.   Update
> agenda and banner if needed  (Rip)
>
> 2.       Announce conference to the Chinese community  (Rip)
>
> 3.       Announce conference to the non-Chinese community  (Helen) - Will
> be done by the end of this week.
>
> 4.       Invite Asia Pacific chapter leaders  (Helen) - Will be done by
> the end of this week.
>
> 5.       Speakers and trainers
>
> ¡¤         Decide on the number of keynote speakers, speakers and trainers
> (Chinese and non-Chinese) (Rip)
>
> ¡¤         Invite speakers and trainers.  (China ¨C Rip.  Non-Chinese -
> Jack) - Will send you detail report by the end of this week.
>
> 6.       Decide on whether English translation will be provided  (Helen,
> Rip)
>
> 7.       Website
>
> ¡¤         English
>
>                                                                i.      Welcome
> tab.  (Helen) - Will be done by the end of this week.
>
>                                                              ii.      Link
> to Chinese website tab.  (Zhendong)
>
>                                                             iii.      Registration
> tab  (Zhendong)
>
>                                                            iv.      CFP
> and CFT  (Jack) - Will be done by the end of this week.
>
>                                                              v.      Keynote
> (to be created), Agenda, Expense and Logistics tabs.  (Jie)
>
>                                                            vi.      Sponsors
> tab  (Helen) - Will be done by the end of this week.
>
>                                                           vii.      Team
> tab  (Helen) - Done
>
> ¡¤         Chinese
>
>                                                                i.      Use
> RegOnline (or alternative) for Chines registration.  (Rip)
>
>                                                              ii.      OWASP
> 2011ÑÇÌ«·å»á <http://www.owasp.org.cn/owasp5cf04f1a/owasp20114e2d56fd5cf04f1a>(Rip)
>
> 8.       Design a one-page flyer to be distributed in AppSec EU and AppSec
> USA  (Rip)
>
>
>
> 2011/5/23 Helen Gao <wengaous at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi, all.
>>
>>
>>
>> I discussed with Rip some details of the conference during the weekend.  Below
>> is a progress report.  We agreed that Ivy will create a list of action
>> items.  The list below is just a start.  I am sure Ivy will improve it.  I
>> listed one name for each item, the name of person who is most familiar with
>> the subject.  This way we know whom to go to if there is a question or an
>> issue.  If you want to be responsible for certain items then please step
>> forward.  If your name is not on the list yet, it doesn¡¯t mean you have
>> not contributed or your help is not needed.   The support of everybody of
>> this committee is counted on.   Please review the list and let me know if
>> there is any discrepancy.
>>
>>
>>
>> Progress last week:
>>
>> 1.       Corporate sponsorship document ¨C Finished the document (Helen,
>> Ivy, Rip)
>>
>> 2.       Corporate sponsorship - Started working with Lorna and Sarah on
>> recruiting sponsors.  (Helen)
>>
>> 3.       Website ¨C Finished English webpages for call for sponsors, call
>> for paper and trainers.  Registration webpage will be finished soon.  (Helen,
>> Jack, Zhendong)
>>
>> 4.       VIPs - OWASP board member Seba and GCC member Lucas agreed to
>> come to the conference.  Their travel expenses will be covered by the
>> foundation.  (Helen)
>>
>> 5.       Keynote speakers ¨C Dr. Wang Chenxi tentatively agreed to come.
>> (Helen)
>>
>>
>>
>> Action items for this week, May 23 ¨C 28:
>>
>> 1.       Date - Finalized conference date, location and agenda outline by
>> Tuesday.  This is most urgent because many things are on hold.   Update
>> agenda and banner if needed  (Rip)
>>
>> 2.       Announce conference to the Chinese community  (Rip)
>>
>> 3.       Announce conference to the non-Chinese community  (Helen)
>>
>> 4.       Invite Asia Pacific chapter leaders  (Helen)
>>
>> 5.       Speakers and trainers
>>
>> ¡¤         Decide on the number of keynote speakers, speakers and trainers
>> (Chinese and non-Chinese) (Rip)
>>
>> ¡¤         Invite speakers and trainers.  (China ¨C Rip.  Non-Chinese -
>> Jack)
>>
>> 6.       Decide on whether English translation will be provided  (Helen,
>> Rip)
>>
>> 7.       Website
>>
>> ¡¤         English
>>
>>                                                                i.      Welcome
>> tab.  (Helen)
>>
>>                                                              ii.      Link
>> to Chinese website tab.  (Zhendong)
>>
>>                                                             iii.      Registration
>> tab  (Zhendong)
>>
>>                                                            iv.      CFP
>> and CFT  (Jack)
>>
>>                                                              v.      Keynote
>> (to be created), Agenda, Expense and Logistics tabs.  (Jie)
>>
>>                                                            vi.      Sponsors
>> tab  (Helen)
>>
>>                                                           vii.      Team
>> tab  (Helen)
>>
>> ¡¤         Chinese
>>
>>                                                                i.      Use
>> RegOnline (or alternative) for Chines registration.  (Rip)
>>
>>                                                              ii.      OWASP
>> 2011ÑÇÌ«·å»á<http://www.owasp.org.cn/owasp5cf04f1a/owasp20114e2d56fd5cf04f1a>(Rip)
>>
>> 8.       Design a one-page flyer to be distributed in AppSec EU and
>> AppSec USA  (Rip)
>>
>>
>>
>> Open issues:
>>
>> 1.       OWASP foundation, GCC and some of the organizers have raised the
>> concern of the situation when we don¡¯t charge admission fee and the even
>> suffers a financial lost.  Similar concern was raised among the OWASP
>> community last year when we didn¡¯t charge fee and also provided free lunches
>> to all attendees.  In the history of OWASP, most AppSec events are
>> profitable.  Almost all events charge admission fee.  Trainer class
>> tuition is extra.  Cost cutting suggestions:
>>
>> a.       Use university and government facilities because they usually
>> cost less
>>
>> b.      Provide free or discounted admission for OWASP members only.  Membership
>> fee is $20 (to be finalized by GMC)
>>
>> c.       Charge a fee for training
>>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/appsecapac2011/attachments/20110527/65a43d58/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Appsecapac2011 mailing list