[SAMM] OWASP SAMM - project reboot and change of leadership

Seba seba at owasp.org
Sun Jan 27 19:28:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

During the last month I have exchanged emails/calls with Pravir, Samantha
and lots of other people who have supported SAMM in the past.

SAMM (
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Software_Assurance_Maturity_Model)
is an important OWASP project and needs an active project team to push it
to the next level and maintain it in the future.

I will take over the OWASP SAMM project leadership for 2013 with as main
objectives:

1) build a list of (reference) organisations that use SAMM

2) create a SAMM user group to exchange experience and organise user group
workshops/summits at the major OWASP conferences

3) build SAMM v1.1 or v2.0, based on gathered input on the SAMM mainling
list, project participants and the SAMM user group meetings,

This would include linking in other OWASP projects (see
https://www.owasp.org/images/8/8f/Setting_up_a_Secure_Development_Life_Cycle_with_OWASP_-_Seba_Deleersnyder.pptx)
and integrating the material that has been published on
www.opensamm.orgsince the first version of SAMM.

Together with Pravir and Samantha we agreed on a project leadership
transfer.

Pravir will stay on as co-lead. Other co-leaders will be Kuai Hinojosa and
Bart De Win.

Colin Watson also indicated to want to participate in the project.

I will set up a doodle for a kick-off gotomeeting call in the coming weeks.

Looking at the interest shown last November:
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/samm/2012-November/thread.html I hope to
have your active participation as project co-lead, contributor or reviewer
in the coming year!

Kind regards,

Seba

seba at owasp.org