[AppSec USA 2010] Refunds and Volunteering

Neil Matatall neil at owasp.org
Tue Jul 20 17:52:25 EDT 2010

Hey guys, I know this isn't exactly kosher but a friend of mine didn't
realize volunteers got free admission and he already paid.  Any chance
we could refund him and add him to the team?

I made it VERY clear to my UCI colleagues that I won't be sneaking
anyone in and the only way to get in for free is to volunteer, at
which point he told me he had no idea there were volunteer
opportunities.  As far as I can tell, there is only one reference to
volunteering that is burried on the home page of appsecus.org.  The
tab was removed from the wiki and I'm not sure if it's anywhere else.

Lastly, the area outside of the pacific ballroom certainly can house a
decent number of sponsor booths.

--

--

Neil