[Passfault] Collaboration

Cam Morris cam.morris at owasp.org
Fri Aug 26 18:10:13 UTC 2016

Bernardo thanks for your interest!  The cornell article is the only
academic paper I've read, but scholar.google.com pulled up another article
I wasn't aware of:  http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2493173

There were a few news articles - mostly blog posts, the first from ZDNet:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/your-passwords-dont-suck-its-your-policies/

The only other tool I think that is comparable is zxcvb from dropbox:
https://blogs.dropbox.com/tech/2012/04/zxcvbn-realistic-password-strength-estimation/
 That is also worth a look.  (I like the approach of passfault a little
better but I'm sure I'm biased)

Yes we would love to have help.  I think the biggest challenge in getting
passfault adopted is in tooling.  Its been hard for anyone other than a
java developer to use it.  To that end I build a docker image so people can
simply use it as a microservice.  That helps the front end developers but
only half-way.  The other half is putting a javascript library in
web-developer repositories like bower or node.

To help system administrators use it, I'd love to have it integrated in
linux and available in the linux repositories.

Thanks!