[Owasp-wsfuzzer] Python 2.5 and importing implementation from xml.dom

Mark Gordon canuckisman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:25:04 EDT 2007

Greetings:

I tracked down some more of WSFuzzer's dependencies. I installed:
o Version 1.2.6-20050316 of Fredrik Lundh's ElementTree from
http://effbot.org/downloads/#elementtree
o fpconst 0.7.2 from http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/fpconst/0.7.2

WSFuzzer ran after that (plus the PyXML I installed earlier, all running on
top of Python 2.4.4). Perhaps these dependencies are documented in some file
that is right under my nose. If that's the case I apologize -- but it's not
like this mail list couldn't stand a bit of traffic.  :-)

I have tried running WSFuzzer against a very simple web service (written in
Java using XFire). Each time I get no result data except this message:

There was an anomaly encountered in interfacing with the provided target.
The neuroFuzz team is aware of these situational conditions and we are
looking into the root cause(s) ...

Would someone like some help with this? My Python skills are modest but I am
very experienced in Java and other areas.

cheers,
Mark