[Owasp-topten] Released: OWASP Top 10 – 2017 Release Candidate

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Mon Apr 10 14:36:16 UTC 2017

OWASP Leaders!

The Release Candidate for the OWASP Top 10 – 2017 is now available!
(Attached)

*It’s also available for Download here
<https://github.com/OWASP/Top10/raw/master/2017/OWASP%20Top%2010%20-%202017%20RC1-English.pdf>*

Please forward to all the developers and development teams you know!! I’d
love to get feedback from them too, and to start immediately raising
awareness about what’s changed in this update to the OWASP Top 10. The
primary change is the addition of two new categories:

*2017-A7: Insufficient Attack Protection*

*2017-A10: Underprotected APIs*

We plan to release the final version of the OWASP Top 10 - 2017 in July or
Aug. 2017 after a public comment period ending June 30, 2017.

Constructive comments on this OWASP Top 10 - 2017 Release Candidate should
be forwarded via email to OWASP-TopTen at lists.owasp.org. Private comments
may be sent to dave.wichers at owasp.org .  Anonymous comments are welcome.
All  non-private comments will be catalogued and published at the same time
as the final public release.  Comments recommending changes to the items
listed in the Top 10 should include a complete suggested list of changes,
along with a rationale for any changes. All comments should indicate the
specific relevant page and section.

Your feedback is critical to the continued success of the OWASP Top 10 Project.
Thank you all for your dedication to improving the security of the world’s
software for everyone.

Thanks, Dave

OWASP Top 10 Project Lead