[Owasp-sydney] MITIGATE Seminar 2012 featuring Kevin Mitnick

MITIGATE Seminar tickets-owasp at mitigateseminar.com
Mon Jan 23 03:00:54 UTC 2012

Hackers. Fraud. Disasters. Change. ROI.

As an Information Security professional, one of the most challenging
parts of the job is explaining risks to business people.

Every year we spend time, money and effort upkeeping our knowledge, but
sometimes forget that being able to communicate what we have learned to
executives and managers is critical to the success of our role.

MITIGATE will be one of the most important professional development
events you attend in 2012 - and it's being held locally in Sydney.

Pre-sale tickets to this exciting one day seminar are being made
available exclusively to a small number of professional bodies and
associations, including OWASP.

The first of the five MITIGATE 2012 topics is "Hackers". Interest at the
executive level in this area increased dramatically in 2011 as the rate
and visibility of IT system compromises was splashed across the media.

As Microsoft noted in their recent Security Intelligence Report, 44.8%
of malicious software they analysed required a person to cause the
infection to occur. Social engineering is the art of manipulating people
into taking action willingly and is the most common infection method
used by hackers.

There is no one better to explain how to mitigate against social
engineering hacks than Kevin Mitnick, and we are proud to announce he
will be the MITIGATE 2012 speaker for the "Hackers" topic.

Kevin's hobby as an adolescent consisted of studying methods, tactics,
and strategies used to circumvent computer security, and to learn more
about how computer systems and telecommunication systems work.

As the world's most famous (former) hacker, Kevin has been the subject
of countless news and magazine articles published throughout the world
and was recently featured on the Nine Network's "60 Minutes" in
Australia. He is now a New York Times best-selling author. His latest
book "Ghost in the Wires" reveals the long-awaited inside story about
his life.

MITIGATE tickets for general admission will be priced starting from
$660. OWASP mailing list members can purchase one of the limited
pre-sale tickets at the significantly discounted rate of $330 by
clicking on the following link.

To reserve your ticket at this price do not hesitate to visit:

https://www.mitigateseminar.com/2012/tickets/?city=SYD&org=OWASP

We look forward to your attendance!

Best regards,

The MITIGATE Seminar 2012 team