[OWASP-Switzerland] OWASP Meeting - 14. February 2012

Sven Vetsch sven.vetsch at owasp.org
Thu Feb 2 14:59:13 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,
I hereby like to invite you to the next OWASP Switzerland Meeting.

This time we decided to not strictly focus on web related security
issues, as OWASP covers all application security related areas.

* What:
"Analysis of the RSA Security Breach" by Gianni Gnesa

Several posts have been written and several talks have been given
about the RSA Security Breach, but none of these posts or talks have
ever explained in detail the attack. This talk will analyze each part
of the attack, from the malicious excel file to the 0day used to
install a backdoor into an RSA employee's PC. Finally, I will give
some recommendations on how to protect your IT infrastructure and
minimize the impact of 0days.

Gianni Gnesa is a security researcher who works for Ptrace Security, a
Swiss-based company dedicate to providing information security
solutions.

If someone else can offer an additional short talk 5-30min, please let
me (Sven) know.

* When:
14th February 2012
Starting at 17:00

* Where:
Rheinfelder Bierhalle
Niederdorfstrasse 76
8001 Zürich
(http://bit.ly/pl8KZp)

Please *don't* use the main entrance. There's a small door to the right
which leads to a room upstairs.

* Who:
As usual, all of our meetings are open to everyone and it's free of
charge. Still we would kindly ask you to add yourself (no real name
needed) to the following Doodle so we know how many attendees to expect.
http://www.doodle.com/434z6v9zm5gq5xi5

* Agenda

17:00 - 17:15 | Welcome and Intro
              | by Sven Vetsch
              | OWASP Switzerland

17:20 - 18:05 | Analysis of the RSA Security Breach
              | by Gianni Gnesa
              | Ptrace Security

18:30 - ??:?? | As usual DEFCON Switzerland joins for beer and food

I hope to see you all there

Best regards,
Sven

--