[Owasp-slovakia] [seba at owasp.org: CALL FOR TRAINING PROVIDERS - OWASP AppSec Europe 2009 Poland]
pavol.luptak at nethemba.com
Fri Jan 16 09:08:07 EST 2009
FYI, if you are willing to provide professional courses to OWASP attendants.
For inspiration, see my last-year SELinux course
OWASP AppSec Europe 2009 in Krakow is definitely the best web-application
security-related conference in central Europe, so please do not miss it!
It is combined with the famous security Confidence
----- Forwarded message from Seba <seba at owasp.org> -----
CALL FOR TRAINING PROVIDERS - OWASP AppSec Europe 2009 Poland.
The Call For Presentations send out earlier can be found on the OWASP web
May 13th*14th 2009, OWASP will hold its annual European Application
Security conference in wonderfull Krakow, Poland. The Conference consists
of two days of training sessions on May 11th*12th, followed by a two-day
conference with 2 different tracks.
In 2008, we attracted great European and international speakers and
trainers in Belgium, and we hope to achieve the same again in 2009. This
year we organise the conference together with OWASP Poland and
Confidence2009, a conference in the same venue on May 15th-16th.
We are seeking people and organisations that want to provide training
courses on any of the following topics:
* Business Risks with Application Security.
* Starting and Managing Secure Development Lifecycle Programs.
* Web Services-, XML- and Application Security.
* Application Threat Modeling.
* Hands-on Source Code Review.
* Web Application Security Testing.
* OWASP Tools and Projects.
* Secure Coding Practices (J2EE/.NET).
* Technology specific presentations on security such as AJAX, XML, etc.
* Anything else relating to OWASP and Application Security.
The following conditions apply for people or organisations that want to
provide training at the conference:
* Training provider should provide class syllabus / training materials.
* Proceeds will be split 75/25 (OWASP/Trainer) for the training class.
The 75% for OWASP goes towards:
* Classroom Rental, Conference Logistics/Registration, and Food.
* OWASP Grants for Research Projects.
* Each classroom has a maximum capacity of 30 people, minimum of 12
people signed up before class is considered operational.
* Price per attendee: 2-Day Class *910 / 1-Day Class *455.
* Provider branded training materials to increase your exposure.
* Students are to bring their own laptops.
* Classes are to be focused around Application Security as mentioned
* Training provider must be an OWASP Member.
The call for trainings is out. The official closing date for receiving a
synopsis of the training is February 1, 2009, with announcements on
selected candidates to be provided the second week of February 2009.
Complete training material will need to be submitted by May 1, 2009.
Training proposals should consist of the following information:
1. Trainer contact info (country of origin and residence-mail, postal
address, phone, E-mail).
2. Employer and/or affiliations.
3. Training synopsis, proposed training title, and a one paragraph
4. Brief biography, list of publications and papers.
5. Any significant presentation and educational experience/background.
6. Reason why this material is innovative or significant or an important
training for the OWASP conference.
7. Please list any other publications or conferences where this material
has been or will be published/submitted.
8. Will you perform hands-on labs / slides or both?
9. Provide a list of items/software needed for the training.
10. Optionally, any samples of prepared material or outlines ready.
We would appreciate your proposal using the provided EU09 training
proposal template. If you do not support the Word format, please include
the plain text version of this information in your email. Please submit
your proposals to seba at owasp.org.
The conference page will be updated regularly: AppSecEU09
Please forward to all interested practitioners and colleagues.
2009 EU Planning Committee Chair
seba at owasp.org
To unsubscribe from the Owasp-all mailing list, you will need to unsubscribe yourself from all OWASP mailing lists you belong too. This list is automatically generated to allow OWASP to contact all it’s members in one distribution.
Best regards, OWASP
----- End forwarded message -----
[Pavol Luptak, Nethemba s.r.o.] [http://www.nethemba.com] [tel: +421905400542]
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-slovakia/attachments/20090116/9cb19f96/attachment.bin
More information about the Owasp-slovakia