[Owasp-salt_lake] OWASP SLC May meeting tonight 6-8 pm in conjunction with UtahSec and InfraGard

Dmitry Dessiatnikov dd at securityaim.com
Thu May 5 13:59:19 UTC 2016

OWASP Salt Lake,

Don't forget our May meeting tonight. Details below. Unfortunately, I am working out of town again, but hope you can make it.

When: Thursday, May 5th from 6 pm to 8 pm

Where: Riverton Office Building, 3740 West Market Drive, Riverton, UT, 84065.

Speakers:

Phil Richards - Chief Security Officer of LANDESK
First Things First: Identifying What is Most Important in Your Information Security Program

While there are many industry frameworks and thousands of pages  available on Information Security, how can you identify the most important things to do first for your organization?  This presentation will walk through the process of filtering the frameworks down to a few key controls that will make a huge difference in your organization's ability to defend against cyber attacks.

Gary Glover - Director of Security Assessment at SecurityMetrics
Protecting Your Critical Data When It is Under Attack

Merchant data is continually under attack. But how? What makes them vulnerable? The Live Hack Demo helps technical and non-technical audiences understand how easily unprotected credit card data can be stolen. This demonstration covers past compromises, hacking methodology, live hacking examples, and tips to implement the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.

Everyone is welcome to join us at our chapter meetings

Thanks,

Dmitry
Dmitry Dessiatnikov
Security Aim