[Owasp-salt_lake] OWASP Salt Lake Chapter meeting on Thursday, May 7th in conjunction with UtahSec

Dmitry Dessiatnikov dd at securityaim.com
Tue May 5 03:02:34 UTC 2015

OWASP Salt Lake,

For our meeting this month we will hear from Cameron Morris on OAuth and Open-ID-Connect. As usual this is in conjunction with UtahSec so the meeting will be conducted by one of the UtahSec Board Members. Details below:

May 7th, 2015

Time:

6 - 8 pm

Meeting location:

LDS Riverton Office Building

3740 W 13400 S

Riverton, UT 84065

(Inform security guard at the front desk that you are attending OWASP)

Agenda: "OAuth and Open-ID-Connect" presentation by Cameron Morris.

Abstract: In 2014 Eran Hammer removed himself from the OAuth 2.0 spec that he helped create. He complained that the simple protocol had been converted into complex framework that will likely lead to security vulnerabilities. Despite his warning, the industry has marched forward with OAuth 2.0 and OpenID-Connect. In this discussion we'll dissect OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect enough help expose some common pitfalls and what to look for in a flawed implementation.

Everyone is welcome to join us at our chapter meetings

Thanks,

Dmitry
Dmitry Dessiatnikov
Security Aim
Toll free: 1-800-385-1AIM (246)
www.securityaim.com

NOTICE: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system.​