[Owasp-salt_lake] Salt Lake OWASP Chapter meeting in conjunction with UtahSec

Dmitry Dessiatnikov dd at securityaim.com
Thu Sep 4 03:14:02 UTC 2014

Salt Lake OWASP,

Don¹t forget our September meeting tomorrow in conjunction with UtahSec 6-8
pm at the Riverton LDS Church facility. Thanks to Drew Peck for reserving
our room as always.

Sean Jackson representing ISC2 will be presenting  on SSL. See the location
address and abstract below. Unfortunately, I won¹t be able to make it to
this and next month's meetings as I will be working in Europe for over a
month, but if Justin is not there Rob Jorgensen, the president of ISC2 Salt
Lake Chapter or Sean should be able to run the meeting tomorrow in my
absence. Not sure if ISACA is still planning on Streaming their meeting
online in October, but if not hope to see you all at the SAINTCON next
month.

Abstract: "So you say you've always wanted to know just what's happening in
the SSL handshake.  I can tell you. Why do CAs charge for certs? What am I
paying for?  Is there an alternative we could use? Did I hear some bleeding
heart sob story about an SSL vulnerability? What can we do about that pesky
NSA datacenter on the hill?  All great questions.  Let¹s talk about it.²

Location: 3740 W 13400 S, Riverton

Thanks,

Dmitry
Dmitry Dessiatnikov
Security Aim
Toll free: 1-800-385-1AIM (800-385-1246)
@SecurityAim | www.securityaim.com

NOTICE: This message contains confidential information and is intended only
for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
this e-mail from your system.