[Owasp-salt_lake] REMINDER: OWASP Salt Lake Chapter meeting in conjunction with UtahSec

Dmitry Dessiatnikov dd at securityaim.com
Tue Feb 4 03:27:54 UTC 2014

OWASP Salt Lake,

Don¹t forget this week our monthly meeting on Thursday 6th at 6 PM at the
LDS Riverton office. I will present on ³Mobile Application and BYOD
Security². Please see the abstract below for more info. Hope to see you all
there.

Date:
February 6th, 2014

Time:
6 - 8 pm

Meeting location:
LDS Riverton Office Building
3740 W 13400 S
Riverton, UT 84065

"Mobile Application and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Security"
By Dmitry Dessiatnikov, Security Aim
Food Sponsor: TBA
Abstract:
The explosion of the mobile application market coupled with acceptance of
"bring your own device" (BYOD) to enterprise environments comes with its
unique security risks. While driven by a rise in productivity, convenience
and overall user satisfaction BYOD increases the attack surface that most
businesses are not prepared for. In this presentation we will cover the
reasons for concern along with a demonstration of a remote compromise of an
Android phone in a corporate environment. We will also discuss the OWASP top
10 mobile risks and demonstrate some common issues with a vulnerable iOS
mobile application. A free tool will be shared with the audience that can
assist with assessing their corporate BYOD environments. Finally, we will
cover some mitigating controls and what can be done to address raised
issues.
Everyone is welcome to join us at our chapter meetings

Best regards,

Dmitry Dessiatnikov
Security Aim
Toll free: 1-800-385-1AIM (800-385-1246)
dd at securityaim.com | @SecurityAim | www.securityaim.com

NOTICE: This message contains confidential information and is intended only
for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.