[Owasp-salt_lake] Upcoming SANS Class and Next OWASP meeting

Justin Searle justin.searle at owasp.org
Fri Jan 27 03:31:53 UTC 2012

Sorry for the quick marketing plug on the mailing list, but I thought many
of you would want to know this.

SANS is offering their SEC542 class as a community course here in Salt
Lake.  This is their "Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking"
course the usually only present at the larger conferences.  As the new lead
instructor for this course at SANS, and being a local to SLC, they have
asked me to teach the course.  The class is six days in length, starting on
Monday, March 6th and ending on Saturday, March 10th.  Being heavily
involved in the local OWASP chapter and somewhat less involved in our ISSA
chapter (I present for the ISSA chapter once a year ;-)), I've gone to bat
and gotten a discount set up for all local OWASP and ISSA chapter members.
 If you register for both the class and the certification attempt, choose
either "phone in credit card" or "check" and provide me with your invoice
number, and I will have SANS comp you the price of the exam ($549).  You
can save an additional $200 by getting the early bird discount if you
register before the end of January.

To find out more information about the course, visit:

http://www.sans.org/salt-lake-city-2012-cs/description.php?tid=4382

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  You can send your
invoice numbers and questions to me at my personal email address "
justin at meeas.com" or call me on my cell at 801-784-2052.

Back to your regularly scheduled, marketing free, OWASP mailing list.  ;-)

BTW, Dmitry and I are working on scheduling our next two chapter meetings.
 We will be meeting this coming Thursday (Feb 2nd) for a chapter planning
meeting ... with pizza.  Then on March 1st, we will also be doing the next
excerpt from my SamuraiWTF I give at Black Hat and OWASP conferences.
 We'll send out more details for both these events soon.

--
Justin Searle
Managing Partner - UtiliSec