[Owasp-salt_lake] Speaking Opportunity

Justin Searle justin.searle at owasp.org
Thu Aug 16 03:16:25 UTC 2012

Everyone, E-Trade is looking for two more presenters for their
security awareness month.  These would be 45 minute presentations to
run-of-the-mill employees during their lunch break.  They are looking
for a speaker on week of the 10th and the week of the 24th.  The
available dates are:

·         September 11 (Tuesday)
·         September 12 (Wednesday)
·         September 18 (Tuesday)
·         September 25 (Tuesday)
·         September 27 (Thursday)

I'm doing one of the other weeks.  This will be my third year helping
them out.  You get free lunch and a chance to practice your public
speaking.  And for those boy scouts, it'll be your good turn daily.
All basic security topics welcome.  Expected audience is 20-30 people.
 Please let me know if you are interested ASAP.  If you don't have a
topic, I could toss you one of my slide decks to present.  Other topic
ideas would be "Why choosing simple passwords are bad" (do a basic
demo of cracking/guessing), "Keeping yourself save online / on social
networks", etc...  Be creative and have fun with it.  Think of a
simple demo you could do of anything security related and dumb it down
enough for your non-security friends and family.  If you don't want to
create a slide deck, don't.  Don't let these low-risk speaking
opportunities pass you by.

Justin Searle
Managing Partner - UtiliSec
801-784-2052