[Owasp-rochester-announce] Rochester Security Summit CFP
andrea.cogliati at owasp.org
Wed May 12 10:11:46 EDT 2010
*** CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS ***
Rochester Security Summit October 20-21st, 2010 Rochester, NY http://RochesterSecurity.org
The fifth annual Rochester Security Summit is being planned for October 20-21 in Rochester, NY and is looking for top speakers. This year there will be three tracks: Business Professional, Technical Professional, and Software Professional.
If you believe you have a significant research or technical presentation that the security community would value and enjoy hearing, we invite you to submit your presentation topic for consideration.
All three tracks will consist of presentations in 50-minute blocks, including Q&A. Presentations may be allowed to span two blocks to accommodate topic exploration to different depths if the committee sees the merit in the longer time allotment.
· Please submit your proposal submissions before July 27, 2010.
· We will respond to proposals by August 17th.
· Draft copy of the slides for the papers must be submitted by September 14, 2010.
· Final submissions are due by October 5th.
Please review the speaker guidelines on the web site, <http://rochestersecurity.org/guidelines.html> before submitting a proposal.
Proposals may be submitted via e-mail to <present2010 at rochestersecurity.org> or by using the on-line submission form at <http://rochestersecurity.org/presentation.html>.
Summit attendees are a mix of technical security professionals, vendors, programmers, web application developers, security testers, students, network administrators and IT executives. Preference will be given to speakers who can present innovative technical content to a broad technical audience. Of course, all presentations are expected to challenge the brightest and quickest of attendees.
The Rochester Security Summit is not a vendor fest. There is zero tolerance for heavy commercial content in presentations. Presenters are expected to avoid any marketing that is not immediately backed up with rationale for its inclusion.
Proposals should consist of the following information:
1. Presenter and contact info (country of origin and residence-mail, postal address, phone, fax).
2. Employer and/or affiliations.
3. Brief biography, list of publications and papers.
4. Any significant presentation and educational experience/background.
5. Topic synopsis, proposed paper title, and a one paragraph description.
6. Reason why this material is innovative or significant or an important tutorial.
7. Optionally, any samples of prepared material or outlines ready.
8. Will you have full text available or only slides?
9. Please list any other publications or conferences where this material has been or will be published or submitted.
10. If you think a second 50-minute block will be required to do your topic justice, please let us know and give a rationale for the longer format.
Please include the plain text version of this information in your email as well as any file, pdf, sxw, ppt, or html attachments.
Please forward the above information to
· <present2010 at rochestersecurity.org> or via
For more event information, or to register, visit us online at <http://rochestersecurity.org/>.
Rochester Security Summit Organizing Committee
PS - If you plan on submitting a proposal, please take a moment to complete our five question “Save the Date” survey at
More information about the Owasp-rochester-announce