[Owasp-o2-platform] New funding model for O2 Development
dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Wed Jul 28 05:46:29 EDT 2010
Hi O2 Community
As you can see by my latest blog post New funding model for O2's
finally set in motion one of the two key components of my plan for creating
a sustainable revenue stream for O2 Development (the other component is a
'Subscriptions Model' which I will publish very soon).
I've launched 9 pledges (at pledgie.com), which cover a wide spectrum of
tools, frameworks and deliverables:
- O2 Platform - Release 2.0 <http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12066>
- O2 Platform - Support Consumed FOSS<http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12100/>
- O2 Platform - 'SharePoint/MOSS' Rule
- O2 Platform - 'ASP.NET MVC' Rule Pack<http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12114>
- O2 Platform - 'J2EE Struts' Rule Pack<http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12110>
- O2 Platform - 'J2EE Spring MVC' Rule
Industry sector specific
- O2 Platform - 'BlackBox / Penetration Testing'
- O2 Platform - 'WhiteBox / Source Analysis' Rule
- O2 Platform - 'WAF/IDS' Rule Pack <http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12072>
The key concept is to move away from the 'donation' concept, and to
specific and mesurable results/deliverables to the parties interested in
Please take a look and let me know what you think of it.
*Important disclaimer: *Theses pledges are NOT OWASP driven activities and
OWASP has no responsibility on the allocation of the funds pledged. This is
an experiment to see how this model could be used to generate funds for
OWASP Projects and there are a number of operational details that still need
to be defined (for example what are the rules of engagement for sending
emails like this to OWASP hosted mailing lists :) ).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-o2-platform